Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Blog Post 4

So I have finished lesson 5, 6, and 7 and let me tell ya. These lessons seem to come quickly but they're getting easier to pull together when time is limited. I was speaking with another classmate a few nights ago and I was explaining to her that being a new mom, working a full time job, AND being a full time student THIS close to graduation is TOUGH and stressful! And being a new mom, comes with a perk, breastfeeding. TMI for the men in class who read this...I spilled breast-milk on my laptop after I had pumped one day at work and it has ruined my laptop keys....needless to say I no longer have a working computer to do my schoolwork. I have my iPad mini and my cell phone but it is hard to type papers...and blogs...and any kind of work on a small iPad and cell phone. THE STRUGGLE IS REALLLLL. I purchased a new desktop computer and will be able to pick it up Saturday!!!

I have been working on my classroom observation lesson plan that I presented on Monday. I'm still not satisfied with it because I want it to be engaging for such a "blah" subject. I think it is interesting but to a 4th grader...not so much. So I am on the hunt for the perfect hook for the Underground Railroad.

1 comment:

  1. LOL this post just cracks me up!! Having 2 kids, I know how crazy it gets and how easy accidents happen!! :) I think a good hook for the lesson would be a short video on the underground railroad or Harriet Tubman. You could find them on you tube, brain pop, or other sites. I would just google it and see what you find. Kids love videos, and it's great for visual learners! Just don't go over about 5 minutes because that age group kinda tunes out if it is too long. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete